Websites For Authors - How Much Does A Website Cost?We often get asked, "How much does a website cost?". It's a bit like saying "how much does a house cost?". There are many different types and sizes of houses that suit people with different needs and budgets. The same applies to websites. That's why we ask you lots of questions at the start of a project so we can tailor a design package that meets your needs and budget. Basically, the price depends on what you want us to build and how long it will take us. Here's a rough guide although there are no definite boundaries between the price bands. You can mix and match!
All our web design packages include free domain name registration, hosting and support for one year.Let's be clear about one thing before you compare our prices with other designers. We create high quality, WordPress websites with built-in security features (very important these days as the hackers are getting cleverer). If you opt for a site with a content editor (so you can edit the content of the site yourself) your website will come with a training manual and built-in training videos to help you learn how to use WordPress. A domain name, hosting and support for one year is included in our initial design costs. We offer on-going support, for your site. Help is just a telephone call or email away. You need never feel alone.
Special Offer Ebook 'Starter' SitesIf you are a new self-publishing author, you may not need a full website yet. Maybe all you need is a simple but professional web presence to promote your work. We offer very simple three page ‘ebook’ promotion websites to get you going. Prices start at £199 for a three page site. Click here for more details.
Common requests that can affect the final cost of your website:
- Make so I can edit the words and pictures on my website
- Give my site totally unique look and feel
- I have written a large number of books and want to show the cover of each one on my site
- Put a contact form on my contact page
- Put a ten image photo gallery on my site
- Put a blog on my site
- Put links to my Facebook page and other social media sites on my website
- Make it so I can sell a few books on my site
- Add a proper online shop to my site so I can list my books for sale
- Write all the content for my site
- Source all the graphics and images for my site
- Give me an email address that matches the name of my site
- Add a newsletter sign up form to my site
- Put five You Tube videos on my website
- Register some extra domain names for me
- Do your best to make my site get found on Google